The Boy Scouts of America places the greatest importance on creating the most secure environment possible for our youth members. To maintain such an environment, the BSA developed numerous procedural and leadership selection policies and provides parents and leaders with resources for the Cub Scout, Boy Scout, and Venturing programs.
All registered adult members of the Boy Scouts of America must be current in Youth Protection Training. This includes anyone who participates in campouts or other Scout activities.
- Go to My.Scouting.org (note the “dot” between “my” and “scouting”) and create an account.
- From My.Scouting.org, click on the Youth Protection Training logo on the right corner of the screen (or select “My Dashboard” from the “Home” navigation in the upper left corner).
- You should see options to take Youth Protection training. If not, select “YPT” from the menu at the top of the screen.
- Note that if you are a Venturing volunteer, you need to take “Venturing Youth Protection”. If you are an Exploring volunteer, you need to take “Exploring Youth Protection”.
- Upon completion, print a certificate of completion and keep with your records.
- A copy of your certificate of completion is required any time you submit a new membership application.