The “Class B” Uniform
For most informal events, including pack and den meetings without formal ceremonies, Scouts in Pack 196 may wear their Class B uniforms — this consists of an official Scout t-shirt, which can be purchased from the organization, and shorts or slacks.
For Tiger, Wolf, and Bear Scouts, the “Class A” Cub Scout uniform consists of the following parts:
- Shirt — The official uniform shirt is available with long or short sleeves and has button-flap pockets and “Boy Scouts of America” lettered in gold above the right pocket.
- Trousers or shorts — Official blue. (Optional)
- Belt — Official navy-blue web belt with metal buckle and Tiger, Cub Scout, or Webelos Scout emblem. (Optional)
- Socks — Official socks are available in three lengths: ankle, crew, and knee. Tiger Scout socks are navy blue with orange tops; Cub Scout socks are navy blue with gold (yellow) tops. (Optional)
- Cap — Official navy-blue cap with orange front panel and tiger emblem for Tiger Scouts, yellow panel and wolf emblem for Wolf Scouts, blue panel and bear emblem for Bear Scouts. Webelos Scouts wear an olive cap with a plaid panel bearing the Webelos logo. (Optional)
- Neckerchief — Triangular neckerchief is orange with navy-blue trim for Tiger Scouts, gold with navy-blue trim for Wolf Scouts, light blue with navy-blue trim for Bear Scouts, and plaid for Webelos Scouts. Official BSA neckerchiefs are the only neckerchiefs boys should wear. Packs should not make their own pack neckerchiefs for boys.
- Neckerchief slide — Official gold-tone metal slide with each rank’s logo. Boys may wear handmade neckerchief slides.
Note that since the same blue uniform shirt can be worn from Tiger through Bear levels, we suggest buying a size bigger than your Scout currently wears, so that it will last all three years.
Webelos Scouts have additional options for Class “A” uniforms:
Webelos Scouts may choose to wear either the blue Webelos uniform based on the Cub Scout uniform or the tan/olive uniform similar to the one Boy Scouts wear.
For the tan/olive uniform, boys wear the official Boy Scout olive trousers or shorts and official Boy Scout tan long- or short-sleeved shirt with blue shoulder loops. Official blue socks (with gold tops) are worn with the blue uniform, and official olive socks (with red tops) are worn with the tan/olive uniform.
With either uniform, all Webelos Scouts wear the Webelos neckerchief (plaid with the Webelos emblem), Webelos neckerchief slide (handmade slides are also acceptable), Webelos cap, and Webelos belt buckle. Note that the Webelos belt buckle will fit either the blue or the olive belt, but the adventure loop recognitions fit only on the blue web belt.
You can purchase all the Class A required items at the Capitol Area Council’s Scout Shop locally — or they can ship items to you by mail.
12500 North IH 35
Austin, Texas 78753
All 4 Major Credit Cards, Checks, Cash accepted
Fax: (put Attn: Scout Shop)
Alternatively, you can buy Scouting materials from te national organization at ScoutStuff.org.
Additional information from the Boy Scouts of America about uniforms can be found here.