Liberty Hill Cub Scout Pack 196 is sponsoring a food drive in April to benefit Operation Liberty Hill.
Scouts will collect food donations in various Liberty Hill neighborhoods on April 16.
Collections will take place in:
- Gabriel’s Overlook (Coordinator: Meredith Brand)
- Quarry Lake Estates (Coordinator: Cindy Howard)
- Indian Oaks and (Coordinator: Cindy Howard)
- Stage Coach (Coordinator: Diane Hannaman)
- Sundance Ranch (Coordinator: Pamela Caird)
Residents may bag items to donate and place them on the curb outside their residence by 9 a.m. on Saturday, April 16 and Scouts will stop by to collect them and take them to Operation Liberty Hill.
Donations will also be accepted: at some sites during a Sundance Ranch multi-family garages sale on April 9, and at Tractor Supply the weekend of the 9th, where the FFA group will be handing out fliers.
The Pack still has a great need for Scout families to help the neighborhood coordinators. Please contact the coordinators listed above or contact Meredith Brand to take on your own neighborhood!
Operation Liberty Hill is in need of the following items:
boxed potato mixes
seasoned rice mixes
sloppy joe sauce
The organization’s mission statement reads: Responding to the biblical call to love and serve one’s neighbor and to care for those in need, Operation Liberty Hill is passionately working with our local community to provide food, clothing and other assistance to Liberty Hill’s families that need a helping hand.
You may also drop off your food donations at any of OLH’s collection barrels around town:
- Liberty Hill Post Office
- Liberty Hill Public Library
- Liberty Hill United Methodist Church
- Fellowship Church
- Williamson County Cowboy Church
- Life Springs Church
- Physical Therapy office – Hwy. 29 at 1869
- Gun shop – Hwy. 29 at 1869