Who Are We?
Pack 196 is a Cub Scout Pack located in Liberty Hill, Texas. We are part of the San Gabriel District of the Capitol Area Council. Pack 196 was chartered to serve the boys in the expanding residential neighborhoods of the Liberty Hill School district area.
Just like the Liberty Hill area, Pack 196 has grown rapidly over the last few years and has enjoyed the benefits and trials of a growing organization. As we grow in size and experience, Pack 196 continues to encourage creative ideas that can provide an exciting and balanced experience for our boys. Pack 196 believes it has in place a program to help our youth grow and have fun at the same time.
What Do We Believe?
Pack 196 is committed to five basic principles. They are:
- Scouting is a boy-led activity. Parents are encouraged to participate.
- The Cub Scout experience builds character. Group interaction, community service and individual responsibility will focus young boys on important life skills.
- A wide range of outdoor activity is important in building strong group bonds and will encourage boys to become involved in constructive efforts. Pack 196 will schedule many activities and campouts throughout the year. Boys are expected to participate in all activities when possible.
- Advancement and achievement is the key to enthusiasm. We make every effort to help these boys advance in rank and maturity.
- The Cub Scout activities must be fun and exciting if we expect boys to choose to be involved.
Pack 196 does realize that many boys are involved in activities other than Scouts. We work around school, sports and community schedules. So don’t feel like you have to give up something to join us!
Who is our Charter?
Cross Tracks Church (formerly known as Liberty Hill United Methodist Church) is our chartering organization.
Where and When Do We Meet?
Pack 196 meets every 2nd, 3rd and 4th Monday of the month at Cross Tracks Church in downtown Liberty Hill from 7:00 p.m. – 7:45 p.m.
Cross Tracks Church
101 Church Street
Liberty Hill, TX 78642
The pack also participates in community service activities, campouts and other events apart from the regular pack meetings.
See our full handbook for parents here.